Many people ask me... "so do you guys have a wedding date yet?"
I wish I could say that Clinton and I have picked a date and that all the wedding plans are coming together...but that just isn't so. For those of you who are curious I thought it would be handy to fill you in on what's going on right now. Basically Army life means Army rules. I'm learning as I go and find myself asking Clinton the same questions over and over again.
Clinton was assigned a one year unaccompanied tour to Korea. Which obviously means that I can't just move over there...(the military tends to frown on those kinds of things.) His year will be up in November, which would mean that he would be assigned to a duty station somewhere here in the states sometime in November (2010). But, we being the crazy people we are would like to have Clinton stay in Korea for at least one more year and for me to be able to move there with him. This means PAPERWORK and more paperwork! Although the process has been started we have no idea when this paperwork might be finished, stamped, approved, read, passed from one person to the next and approved again... (you know how it is). Of course it is not just paperwork...there are also different rules regarding when I have to move there. And also how much time I have after the paperwork is approved to get housing and fun stuff like that.
that doesn't seem so bad...but wait...there is one more catch...
If said paperwork is not approved before Clinton gets his orders for the next duty station...then...well...TOO LATE! TOO BAD. In that case Clinton would come home in November and we would move somewhere in this glorious country of ours.
So, this is why it is so hard to pick a date...we have no idea when/if the papers will go through...which means we have no idea where we will live and when Clinton will come home. My best educated guess would be that we might be able to get married in October/November sometime. And as of now we are thinking about doing a destination wedding (preferably in one of my most FAVORITE places...Colorado!) The ceremony would include family and our bridal party. I know that not every person in our family can or wants to make the 10 hour trek to CO, which is understandable, so we would have a big reception for all of our friends, family, and friends of family the following weekend.
Since most of my family has not had the chance to meet Clinton I would love for as many people that want to meet him, get the opportunity to do so. I will try my very very hardest to get invitations out as soon and fast as I possibly can...as I know it takes time in advance to plan on being away from home even for a weekend. But now you know a little better about the dilly-dallying...so hopefully you won't be thinking, "Well what's the hold up!"
Well...I think that covers it. So with Em+Cases baby on the way, Clinton 6,000 miles away, stressed out parents, and paperwork sitting on some desk in Korea...it's bound to be a fun time! I'm very excited to see how this all pans out, and I hope as many of you as possible can come celebrate with us when the time comes!...(whenever that may be)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
jeremiah 29:11

Ummm....I don't think you have seen stressed out parents....YET!!! Just kidding. Thanks for the update. I know it will all work out and it is a time we all get to learn to 'trust' more and be 'patient'. love you guys! mom
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog! Great to see the happy pictures of you two. It must be frustrating for all of you, the waiting, not knowing... Your faith and trust that all will work out is inspiring. Waiting on the edge of my seat for more details. Love you! Aunt Beth
ReplyDelete(Don't have my profile fixed up right yet. Ed will be home tonight... will have him coach me through it. Posting with is profile for now.)