It's a BIG BIG world little puppy...
Whit loves to look outside the window to watch all the exciting vehicles go by.
Like I've said before, I'm not really sure what most buildings are used for. So I'm still trying to figure out what in the world goes on in our parking lot. I think maybe they sell bricks or make bricks. Either way, they have a guard dog...whom whit thinks she can beat up of course. She has had some experience with Leopold (my parents german shepherd) ...so maybe she could take on the guard dog. I'd rather not see her try though :)
I took some pictures looking out our windows so you all know what it looks like for when you come to visit us.
This is our view from our laundry room and kitchen (whatever that direction is)... the base is about a mile "that" direction. We are close enough to hear the trumpet bugle playing taps at ten O'clock p.m. and some other song in the morning. Can you tell I'm new at this whole military thing? On the brighter side... there is nothing like falling asleep to a military funeral song... just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling as you drift off into a good nights rest...
shall we continue on our tour?...
If you look slightly to the right...and I mean slightly... you will see this big giant green net! Yep...it's a driving range. Clinton informed me that Koreans are big into their golf. He wasn't kidding either...I hear people out whacking away 'til at least nine o'clock a night.
Okay...now without moving away from the window, look straight down...
A few feet away from the stray golf balls is a small field garden field... I'm not really sure...it's just a little piece of land where someone planted something. phew...that was stressful.
Okay...so that was the backside of our building. Now to the front!
Imagine you arrived in Seoul and grabbed a cab... (this will come in handy for when you come visit) You will tell the driver to take you to Pyeongtaek. After a few minutes, both you and the driver will have come to a conclusion as to what each other have said. At this point you'll want to pray hard that he understood you and that you are not heading north! I'm just kidding. but seriously.
Side note: Your cab driver will watch T.V. while he is driving. He will run red lights, and he will drive over twice the limit. Don't worry about the pedestrians...I've never seen anyone get hit. And as for the other cars, they will move when you pull into their lane. You know...on second thought...maybe you should just take the train...
Anyways...After about an hour of chaotic bumper cars, you should reach our house. "Noble House"...that's what it's called.
This is our drive! and our view from the front of our house.
...and yes...in case you were wondering...there is some kind of livestock across the street.
From our window...panning to the right....
Those are "the buildings"... the brick makers... or drug dealers... not sure yet. (i'm kidding by the way)
There is the Hyundai gas station. Exciting stuff.
I felt a little weird taking pictures out my window. I'm sure no one noticed the light headed, fair skinned, American looking woman with a giant black camera sticking out the window. It reminded me of the time I took a picture of a korean military base. Military rule number ONE... NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER.....ever take a picture of a military instillation. First, they wave their hands in the air and then begin to make a giant "X" with their arms...while they yell at you. Boy did that get my heart pounding! Luckily I had Clinton there with me to explain what I did wrong and lovingly tell me to never do that again. I have learned my lesson...but in case you were wondering, I do still have the pics I took. I got the soldiers in action...making an "X"...with there mouths wide open. I will not be posting those online ever though!
Things you've learned today:
Now you know how to get to our house...so I'm looking forward to seeing you all when you come. Just give me a little heads up so I can throw my clothes under the bed and put the dishes away.
You also know that it is in fact a bugle...not a trumpet. (can you guess how I figured that one out?) (yep...I learn most things the hard way.)
You know never to take pictures of a military installation.
and last but not least... an "X" is the international sign for NO!







Great to hear from you- see your pictures and get a feel for what you see around you. Love your writings & pictures. Whit is so cute looking out the window! It is perfect for her. Your breeder would be happy to hear that Whit is safe and sound in South Korea =) Hugs~ Love ya!
ReplyDelete