I have had several people come up to me at random times to tell me that they read my blog. I love finding out who reads my blog. It is fun and encouraging to me! You never know if you are just talking to yourself or not. For some reason though, I get the vibe that some people feel a little "stalkerish" for reading it. So if that's you, don't feel like a stalker for reading... that's what it's here for! I want to point out that I added a new little gadget that you can receive blog updates via e-mail. Just enter your e-mail address into the box under the words "follow by email." This is handy for those people that like to read along, but don't get on facebook much to see a new post... anywhoooo.....
Well, can you believe Easter has come and gone? I can't believe we are entering Spring! Since Christmas was kind of a blur, I don't have a child in school, and Georgia's climate doesn't change much, I actually keep forgetting what season we are going in to. I can't remember if it's Spring or Fall. It feels like Thanksgiving should be coming up!
I'm all kinds of messed up though. I think morning is sleep time and night is awake time and anytime is time to eat!
So you may be thinking, the blog title is "Me and My Soldier," but Hilary never talks about what's new with her Soldier, Clinton. Well, I have to actually see him for a change to be able to write anything :P Clinton has been gone a lot recently and I try not to make it public knowledge when Clinton is gone. It's just safer that way. Lady friends, Single ladies, fellow mom's, be careful what you post on Facebook when your husband is out of town. I once said something to the affect of, "Well my fb page is private, only my friends can see that..." and Clinton looked at me as if I had just said the grass was purple. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to hack a fb page. It just takes someone with motive. So, when you post your husband will be gone 'til Thursday and it's just you and the kids at home for the week, remember that other people can get that information too. (getting off my soap box)....
Clinton was in Augusta, GA at Fort Gordon for training for three weeks. My mom came down for a visit and we drove up to see Clinton for a few days. My dad was able to fly into Augusta and hang out with us for the weekend. It was a short visit, but good to have everyone together... even if it was in a hotel room. :) We all spent plenty of time at the mall shopping. I even managed to get clinton to buy some shorts for himself.
My mom came baring gifts and brought Sophie the giraffe. Caius really seems to like sophie.
Clinton was home for a whole twenty FIVE hours after his three weeks of being gone before he packed up and for a two week field exercise.
![]() |
| waiting to get our Starbucks coffee before we started shopping! It looks like Caius could use an espresso or something! |
![]() |
| eating in the food court.. showing off that chub :) |
My mom came baring gifts and brought Sophie the giraffe. Caius really seems to like sophie.
He really enjoys licking Sophie's face.
Caius got some daddy time... or maybe Clinton got some Caius time...
either way
![]() |
| both my boys watching T.V. ...shirtless |
![]() |
| time to talk! |
We all had a fun time in Augusta and Mima and G-papa got to "babysit" Caius for a few hours too.
![]() |
| In Mima and Gpapa's room taking a nap |
It wouldn't be a road trip if someone didn't get pulled over. I got pulled over on the way home. Thankfully the guy could tell I was not from around there and let me off with a warning. If he would have tried to give me a ticket I would have argued that if the town I was speeding through was actually more than a gas station maybe I would've noticed I was even IN a town. Ooooh, good one. It's a good thing I didn't have to say that :P
All good things must come to an end and my parents had to go home. We were glad they came to visit!
Once again it was just me and baby man
Avery misses Clinton so much when he's gone.
Clinton got to come home half way through the two weeks. I picked him up Friday afternoon and drove him back Saturday evening. It was just a short little break. Long enough to do his laundry and to eat a meal together and then he was gone again. He was of course on the night schedule so when he got home he went straight to bed because he had been up for a very long time. It's okay though, I'll take whatever time I can get with him!
Clinton made it home in time for good Friday and we were able to celebrate Easter as a family. This time last year, we were telling our friends in Korea that we were pregnant and were getting ready to move back to the States. It's hard to believe it's been a year! But, you know me... it's hard to believe it's Spring.
Easter Sunday was Caius' first time in the church nursery. He looked so cute when we went to pick him up. He was just hanging out with one of the nursery helpers like a little cutie.
I hope you all had a great Easter!





























No comments:
Post a Comment