So! I FINALLY get my husband back tomorrow. Being a stay-at-home wife and mom, in a State where I know a total of like 10 other people, and whose husband has been gone for a majority of the past three months, I don't have a TON of human interaction. I laugh to myself sometimes and then look around for someone else to find the situation funny only to find a four month old admiring the back of his hands and two dogs who eat diapers for fun. So I just need to share this, because I think it's funny and I haven't been able to laugh about it with anyone yet.
So, there is this commercial playing on T.V. right now for a website where you can order chocolate covered strawberries (which look delicious by the way.) They've been playing it a lot lately for Mother's day. Which, by the way, my mom asked me if we had any special plans for Sunday. To which, I responded, "What's Sunday?" So you can tell I've put a lot of thought into it. I do actually have cards for my mom and Nancy, but did I get them in the mail, no. So the cards will be running a little late mom's. Sorry :( Okay, back to the story. So, this website is called Sheri's Berries. (in case you were wondering, that's the funny part of the story) Every time I hear it I go back to Junior High and can't stop laughing. Even now it's funny to me. The way one of the ladies describes them is pretty funny too. It's also funny that I completely forget about the commercial until I see it again. So every time it comes on, it's just as funny as the first time I saw it. I would like to receive some of Sheri's Berries in the mail.
Enough of that. Like I was saying, Clinton is back tomorrow and SHOULD be around until he deploys (fingers crossed.)
I'm going to rewind a few weeks. While Clinton was gone he got really sick and Caius and I ended up driving up to Augusta to take care of him. Caius ended up getting sick also. I don't think the two illnesses were related though. Clinton couldn't keep anything in, had a fever, and his joints were really achy. When he was finally able to fall asleep I had to do anything I could to keep Caius quiet, so we spent quit a bit of time walking the halls and I got a workout swinging him in his car seat.
![]() |
| Sick little guy |
![]() |
| he had to sleep in his car seat |
![]() |
| They felt up to going out for a bit |
![]() |
| My sicklings |
![]() |
| They were both feeling better and Caius was doing everything he could to see daddy |

Once Clinton was feeling better and had his appetite back he was craving Long John Silvers. Ha, usually that's not the place you think of when you get over being sick. That's usually the place you go to get sick :P
We punched it into our GPS and found one in the Augusta area. We just followed the GPS and ended up in a... not-so-nice part of town. We were in a residential area and it just kept getting sketchier and sketchier looking. I was in the backseat, right behind Clinton, in case Caius got sick in the car. I felt like I was pretty invisible back there. It got to the point where I wondered if we should just turn around, but that would require stopping and pulling into a driveway. Of course half the neighborhood was sitting in their lawns watching, so that would just be awkward. It didn't help that just before we left the hotel I was watching a show involving gang violence. Oh how your imagination can get a whirling when you are in a slightly scary situation and you've just watched Law and Order.
After a few miles of repeatedly asking Clinton if the doors were locked, Long John Silvers was in site. Of course half the sign was missing, but we made it that far and we weren't going home empty handed. This whole time I thought I was pretty invisible in the backseat. That is, until we pulled through the drive through and the lady asked me a question ... Oh, you can see me? Really? Clinton turned around and saw that I was wearing my sunglasses at six o'clock at night. Haha. So I probably looked like a pre-madonna sitting in the backseat with my sunglasses on. Drive me to the Ghetto Long John Silvers, husband. But really I was just trying to stay as invisible as possible.
As we passed all the pawn shops, tattoo parlors and bars, did I say bars? I meant bars on all the windows. I just kept thinking, which one of these doesn't fit?... The incredibly white family with the "Iowa family" stickers on the back window. Haha
---
The dogs obviously had to go to the kennel while I was gone. That is quite the challenge. Do you leave the dogs in the car and take the baby in first or take the dogs in and go back to get the baby. OR do you just try to handle all three at once. I carried Caius in first, "Hi I'm here to drop off, can you watch him?" Then out to the car to get the naughty ones! :)
I take blankets to leave with the dogs so they feel a little more at home. I guess, Avery has been trying to cover his food with his blanket. This results in him rubbing his nose raw. After Caius and I were back home and had picked up the dogs I gave them a scoop of food. A few minutes later I found this...

I guess if you don't have a blanket to cover the food with, a pair of socks works just fine.
Way to improvise Avery.
---
Caius
Oh little baby Caius
He is getting so coordinated and strong, I can hardly believe it. He has gone from aimlessly wapping his toys while his head bobbles back and forth to actually looking at and holding onto his toys. He's figured out a few musical buttons too.
Not too long ago he also discovered that if he turns around he has an audience. He really likes to look at them all. I think it looks like he's talking with his friends. :)
No paci? That's fine. Fingers will do.
He has a little white spot on his lower gums, he's drooling up a pond, and will find anything to chomp on. Could it be... teething?? Duh duh duh....
He's still the happiest baby around though :)
This baby is strong! I feel like any day now I'm going to leave the room and come back to find Caius in a different room when I return. He wants to crawl so bad.
He figured out how to roll to his tummy about a month ago and ever since then I can barely keep him on his back.
I guess playing on the blanket was too boring so he had to roll a few times to get stuck under the swing.
My cute little ham.
And this was today, after the dreaded shots :(
He was just a little cranky this afternoon but I can tell he's feeling better already. I think he'll be just fine by the time daddy makes it home tomorrow. Just in time for mommy to take a nap... and maybe do something crazy, like go to the grocery store.
















Thanks for the new post Hilary! I always love reading them and seeing new pictures of Caius! Clinton is definitely a brother to Chris. He loves Long John Silvers...ha.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the fun read :)miss you guys
ReplyDelete