"The key to change...is to let go of fear"
Growing up, my family moved several times. Each move seemed to be the end of my world as I knew it, and I was certain I could not be happy anywhere else. In my mind I "knew" my friends would not be the same, my house would smell different, the school would be dumb, and life would NEVER be good again. Perhaps a little over dramatic...but that is what I thought each time we moved. To be honest, sometimes it felt that way even several months after we had been settled in. I had decided that change was never good and that it hurt more than anything else...
...while change is hurtful sometimes, I realized over time that it is not always all bad. In fact, change can turn out to be surprisingly good. In my case, the change was moving. Which in turn meant meeting new people, creating more friendships, and growing closer to some friends left behind. It meant a new town and new opportunities. And most importantly, each move drew me closer to the Lord. It made me rely on Him in all things and trust that his will for me is good.
so now...I do not love change, but I don't hate it either. I endure it...and in the end come out better than before because of it.
This weekend I leave on a jet-plane to Korea! This will be a BIG change for both my family as well as for Clinton and I. I am excited to see the ways God will work in all of our lives through this. I can't wait to be on the same continent as Clinton...for more than a week! I will miss my friends and family...probably more than I even know...but I know that this is not forever and that Clinton and I will be back! :) Until then, I am ecstatic to finally be with Clinton!

Hilary-I've appreciated our many conversations through the years and reading your post was so encouraging! Thank you for your transparency-I wish I could've been more support to you when you first moved back to Iowa. However, it is also neat to read how you've dealt with change and what it means to you. I'm thankful your family moved here and that our paths met through our journeys. I am so happy for you and wish you the absolute best in the future!!
ReplyDeleteMuch Love-Tiff