I'm sure most of you heard about some squabbles between North and South Korea yesterday. Clinton was at work and was able to call me to tell me what was going on. His first words on the phone were, "Don't freak out...but..."So naturally I freaked out... (After I got off the phone of course.) I packed my bag and was ready for anything. I am always supposed to be prepared in case of an evacuation. Thankfully the events of last night did not directly affect us and I was able to relax a little. I was frying bacon, boiling eggs, and making cookies 'til about 4 this morning...painted my nails and watched two chick-flicks...until Clinton got home. It helped. I was also able to tune into K-Love online and sing some of my favorite worship songs while I cleaned the kitchen and reorganized our cupboards. Worship music has a way of calming the soul. From what I understand the situation has been taken care of (for now) and things have settled down.
I'm not sure what will happen in the next few days or weeks. Seems like there is always something going on between the two countries. North Korea seems to be the bully that is trying to provoke a fight. From what I can tell, both from the news and Clinton, things are calming and under control now.
To put this in perspective and proximity, we are located near Pyongtaek (about 50 miles South of Seoul.) From what I understand the attack was on an island about 50 miles away from Seoul.
Here is the full news report...
From what I understand, this is plastered all over the American news...so you all probably know more than I do! Just wanted you to know that we are safe and sound and excited to enjoy Thanksgiving tomorrow!
I love you, LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18



You don't know me but I went to high school with your parents and I'm praying for you and your husband. Oh yea, and I have a Hilary too! Take care
ReplyDeleteBarb Wright
Waukee