Hi, my name is Hilary...What's yours??
I thought I should introduce myself since it's been so long since I last posted.
In the past week I have watched all the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies...my brain is now mush and I can no longer write... asdiuwpeorinckn,ma;sfk....
Okay, I'm back. I had never seen any of the Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movies, which is unacceptable in Clintons house :D We ended up watching every last one. I have to admit I enjoyed Harry Potter even though I had promised myself to never watch one.
The worst part about not having a car is having to walk everywhere. The best part of not having a car is getting to walk everywhere :) The walk to the base is just a short jont, maybe a mile or so ( I don't really know, don't listen to me.) We are in a farming area. Even though there are buildings and houses everywhere we are somewhat out of the city and surrounded by farmland. So the walk to the base consists of walking by houses, gardens, condos, businesses and some farm land. I enjoy the stroll walking with clinton, but as it gets colder I am more eager to hop in a cab! Since Clinton works nights, we have some pretty funky hours! We headed over to "the ville" the other night at about 10:00 to get some korean food for dinner. The restaurant of choice was called Suji's.
![]() |
| This is along the walk towards Camp Humphrys |
| The Ville |
Now, I can't remember what this is called...but basically it's a tilted grill over a gas burner.
You lay thin pieces of beef on the grill and let it cook. The fat drains away. Hence the tilted grill.
The meat turned a little grey...but don't judge it by appearance.
Then you add an onion and garlic if you wish.
Once you are content with the "doneness" you pile up the meat and onion on a piece of lettuce. You can smear a little spicy red paste on it too for some flavor. Let's just be honest, I have no idea what I'm eating when we go to Korean restaurants. All I know is it's red and paste like and spicy and I saw Clinton put it on his.
In the words of the waitress..."All in"..."all in"
You are supposed to "pop" the whole thing in your mouth, which I thought was challenging. That's a lot of lettuce to just pop in. I felt like I was playing chubby bunny.
| Clinton has the hang of it though :P |
| Mmm....chicken fried rice! |
This is Chilsung Cider...which is essentially ginger ale and it's nummy!
I also tried Kimchi (gimchi, kim chee, kimchee...same difference)
Kimchi is the most common side dish in Korea. You rarely see any meal without a side of kimchi. It is usually cabbage, radish, green onion, or cucumber. I tried cucumber kimchi and I thought it was pretty delicious. Now I'm going to try to make it myself! You might be disappointed you can't try it too...Don't worry, I'll bring some to Christmas sometime :P
While the tension between North and South Korea has settled down some, we would appreciate your prayers during this uncomfortable time. We are waiting to hear what Japan, the U.S. and South Korea figure out in their meetings this week. Life has gone on as "normal," yet there is still a feeling of uncertainty from time to time. We know that God is in control of the situation and that this goes much deeper than just Clinton and I.
Now after all this talk, I really want some kinchi! Look what you've done.
I will write again soon! I hope this finds you well.
Lots of Love and hugs!


No comments:
Post a Comment