Monday, November 29, 2010

Comfort food...


Everyone knows that comfort food is food that brings you to a familiar place. It makes you feel like you are back home, surrounded by friends and family.  Being away from familiar places, people, and food, I have found certain things are particularly comforting...
  1. The sound of late night movies, people walking around, and the occasional vacuuming in the apartment above ours.  Let's me know I'm not alone while Clinton is working.
  2. Coke...Mmmm Mmmm.... or Pepsi (for you picky people)
  3. American commercials (like Macy's and Kohls and those cheesy local commercials) that I get to enjoy when I watch TV online
  4. Watching Iowa Hawkeye football with Clinton
  5. Seeing a movie in English in a Korean theater
  6. Hearing the people in the apartment below us snore at night
  7. Eating Pizza
  8. Seeing signs that contain at least 85% English words
  9. Going on base and seeing that there are in-fact thousands of other people who are in the same situation as me ...away from home
  10. Coming back to our apartment...every time I leave and come back it feels more and more like home!
  11. Seeing Christmas decorations in the mall and Christmas trees in windows
  12. Eating at Chili's
  13. Paying with the US dollar
  14. Coffee
  15. ...and just being close to my husband
Mmmm the comforts of home.

This is for my dad... there is a teeny tiny coffee shop connected to the laundromat called "Seasons Coffee"...made me think of you :) The sign actually looks fairly similar to the Seasons magazine.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment