| Decked out in Iowa and Jayhawk gear! Woo Hoo! |
![]() |
| Now you see why we love them so much...they are just so lovable! |
![]() |
| gettin sleepy |
![]() |
| She misses her daddy so much! |
My mom arrived in Korea on the 8th! She came for a visit and so I wouldn't be alone while Clinton is gone.
![]() |
| Avery and mom have become good friends. I think she's gonna have a hard time leaving him! |
We got some Dunkin' Donuts for the ride back......yeah, that didn't work out so well....
On the way home, the subway was super super packed. One man squeezed in the train before us and didn't quite fit, which made the doors open back up. You would THINK that he would have gotten off, but he didn't. He just pushed a man and woman and practically leaned his way back on. It was ridiculous. We finally got on another packed train and squeezed our way to a couple of hand rails. there is a single row of seats along both sides of the train and handle bars in the middle for standing room. My mom and I were standing in front of two elderly gentlemen sitting in the row of chairs... facing us. One was asleep and the other was dozing off and on. We were jam packed next to whoever was next to us. We stopped at another station and even more people piled into the already packed train car. For some reason everything seems funny when you really shouldn't laugh. You know it's true, because I'm sure it has happened to you. Because the man next to me was asleep...he didn't notice me struggling. His feet were where my feet needed to be. A man came right up behind me and was leaning into me. I felt like I was playing twister. Left foot green, right foot red, hand in the air on the handle, random korean guy pushing you over. Meanwhile I am trying not to fall face first into the sleeping man. So I'm scissor-legged, I've got one hand holding on, the other hand gripping my tea and Dunkin' Donuts, a random guy leaning his full weight on me...as I am hovering over a sleeping man on a moving train. Haha...are you picturing this? To make matters worse, I could NOT stop laughing! Everything was making me laugh...not to mention the tangled mess I was in. Oh brother! Believe it or not, we DID make it home and eventually the train cleared out enough for us to eat our Dunkin' Donuts :)
Clinton spent his last night "in the field." He has two more days and then graduation. Then he will be HOME! yay! He is officially a Sergeant now :) I can't wait for him to be back. I'm making mental notes of all the things we need to go do before we leave Korea...preferably when it is warmer!! We can't wait to have Clinton home again :) I think Whit my have a panic attack she'll be so excited!
Praise the Lord for a washer and dryer! I'm so excited! No more dragging our large laundry bags into the taxi. It is a blessing, that's for sure.
* By the way* Clinton and I are still NOT command sponsored, which means we still have no idea when we will be leaving Korea. But, in all reality, no one REALLY knows where they will be in a week anyways. I guess we are all in the same boat. It's in God's hands.
As I mentioned before, I am writing an article, which means I actually have to know what I'm talking about. I even need to use proper grammar! I mean usually if I don't know how to make my sentence flow like I want it to I just add a few "dot dot dot's (...)" and continue on. Run-on sentences, fragments, comma splice...ahhh! I have to remember what I learned in high school!? Nope! That's what those lovely editors are for, right? :P (Alison and Wanda, if you are reading this...I am just kidding!)
One last thing before I hit the hay...
My mom is bound and determined to have Avery potty trained by the time she leaves (which is in two days.) We hung a bell on the patio door that the dogs are supposed to ring. The other night the dogs were running around terrorizing each other, chewing things, and being crazy, when all of a sudden Avery took a break from the action and slowing walked to the door. It was almost as if he was moving in slow motion. My mom and I lifted our eyes from our computers at just the right time to see his little beagle nose slowly, slowly touch the bell. jingle.... You would have thought that he had done something amazing, like speak english or something (which we all know he can't, because he is korean...duh)...because my mom and I both started loudly praising him (in the high pitch "good job" puppy talking tone), clapping, high-fives all around, Cartwheeling around the house. I'm just kidding, I can't cartwheel. A lot of fuss over a little accomplishment, but it looks like my mom did it. She trained Avery in just over a week and a half.
Okay, really this time...just one more thing.
In the women's restroom today, my mom and I noticed an interesting "soap system." I like to call it, soap on a stick. Now, I know I might not be the best person for this because I have been called a "germaphobe" before...but I am sorry, I was not about to use the communal bar soap. No way, Jose.






1) I really like the pillows on your bed. 2) Yay for Avery! 3) I can totally picture your train scenario, it made me literally laugh out loud (llol!)
ReplyDeleteSoap on a stick! Don't think I've even experienced that one in Europe! Interesting! Avery has those adorable, irristable beagle eyes! He is filling out nicely and growing! Wish we could come meet him! Hurray for your mom's diligent dog training! Love the picture of the two dogs together holding paws! :) Your trip back on the subway was funny reading. I could picture it well!!!!!
ReplyDeleteForgot to sign my name! duh! Nancy
ReplyDeleteIm glad you were able to have this time with the mother. Who thought some say out there you would be running around South Korea together. By the way who is that hot girl on your couch? Nice to here Avery is learning well I didn't know mom spoke Korean puppy. Well Im ready for her to come home but I wish I could have all you guys here also. Love you, Dad
ReplyDeletehilry, i should just re-read your blog posts when i'm less than thrilled about life- they always cheer me up and make me ache from laughing so hard. keep posting :) random memory of the day... i was telling somebody my story last night about tucking sandy in and i laughed. got me thinking about all of the crazy things that happened freshman and sophomore year :) anyway. i'm glad you get to see your man really soon! i love you and miss you bunches.
ReplyDeleteI should have been keeping up with your blog LONG ago. :) I'm all caught up now...figured out you're not in Ankeny! :) Praying for you guys as you await the Lord's direction! :) And how cool that you're writing an article for Life Beautiful! LOVE that magazine! And, I've met your mom before at camp...but, I can't get over how much you guys look alike! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog, girlie! Cute pics, too...I esp. love the one of the dog on the bed...cute, cute! I love the colors, too!
PS I hate those pictures of myself! you are dangerous with a camera. I will blame my posture on jet lag! =)
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog. I am counting the days- can't wait to give you a great big welcome home hug! Miss and love you bunches-Kris
ReplyDelete