You know the chase bunny at the front of Grey Hound dog races? That was Whitaker yesterday at the dog park. Whit and Avery have never been to a dog park before now, so this was our first experience. Clinton set Whit down right inside the gate. There were fifteen other dogs there. All were big and ready to play.
Usually a dog will sniff around and stay by their owner for a little bit until they feel comfortable enough to play with the others. I don't know what went on in Whit's mind, but the second Clinton set her down she took off right in the middle of all the other dogs. Not only was she running but she was squeaking. She sounded like a piglet or a rabbit who is being chased. I've never heard her make that noise before. She ran like a chicken with her head cut off squeaking away. The big dogs just thought she was a fun, fast moving squeaky toy and almost all of the fifteen dogs chased her around the dog park. Clinton tried to chase her down, but she was too fast. Finally she ran to a corner where I was able to pick her up. From that point on though she growled at every dog that even looked at her funny. Oooh Whitaker. If only she'd just stood still for a little bit to get acclimated I'm sure the other dogs wouldn't have chased her down. Instead she shot off like a bullet squeaking like a piglet.
In response everyone with the bigger dogs all felt bad and immediately reprimanded their pups. I know what it's like to be on the other side of the situation, since Leopold is always the dog park bully. He was even kicked out of doggy daycare for playing too rough. It's a dog eat dog world, right? Whit's okay. I wasn't too scared for her, she's fast and feisty. She's just a crazy little seven pound dog who thinks she seventy pounds. She's sassy.
 |
| Ooooh Podie-pants |
I think Whit misses Leopold a lot. I miss him too.
Well, Happy Superbowl. I did not watch it and I was okay with that. We couldn't have watched it at our house anyways, and it was in the middle of the night here. The best part of the Superbowl is the fun party's and food. That's all I care about really.
Clinton went on post to get our rent money and the bank was closed. That happens a lot on Post. Things close before they are supposed to, for no apparent reason and without warning. It's kind of a pain. So it looks like we will pay our rent another day.
Now, we are attempting to order Pizza, but the lady on the other end of the phone has no idea where our house is. "Nobleh housah?" Because there are only three apartments in our building most people don't know where our apartment is. It makes it a little tricky at times.
On the plus side of the day, Clinton brought me some Starbucks :o) which made my day.
I am glad that Whit got to the dog park. I would love to see her get to run at full speed off leash. Sounds like she was a hoot!
ReplyDeleteyeah, but she was real scared.
ReplyDeleteOh Whit! Silly puppy!
ReplyDeleteHmmm... my comment was rejected. Perhaps it was too long. I had just commented that it sounded like the dogpark visit should have been on video. Also that I took Daisy out to the dogpark a couple days back and an eskimo dog, 4 month old, took a liking to her. Daisy used her speed and quick turns to avoid being bagged by this young single-minded 4 month old male. It was pretty funny also.
ReplyDeleteWow I'm glad they did't catch her they could have gotten hurt. Although it would have been funny to watch her run around dragging a pit bull around. And if she misses Leapold I would gladly let him come stay for a while, but they say 3 is a crowd:)
ReplyDelete