First of all, if you are having trouble loading my blog I have no idea why. Blogger has been super slow lately. Hopefully it'll speed up soon.
Second, I found out tonight that Burger King's chicken nuggets are in the shape of a crown. Whoever thought that was a good idea was sadly mistaken. Mmmm, cookie cutter chicken. Doesn't that just sound delicious.
Okay, now I can continue. My family thinks I kind of go off the grid when Clinton is not working. It's true. I get online a lot less. Sooo, I thought I would write tonight since Clinton will be off tomorrow! Yay.
I find it amusing that we can enjoy some American things here that we don't have in our lovely hometown, Des Moines. (OR if you are going to be technical like Clinton, Urbandale and Ankeny.) For example, here I can enjoy Dunkin' Donuts pretty much anywhere I go. I've never been to a Dunkin' Donuts in the States. We also have Popeyes and a Krispy Kreme. (We've only got one Krispy Kreme in Des Moines) Another big one is Smoothie King. That is delicious! Clinton and I like to get smoothie king when we go to AK Plaza... (a shopping center connected to the subway station :) We've really got to get a Smoothie King in Des Moines before 2014!
While Clinton is at work, sometime I get to chat with our families on skype. Last night I got to chat with this baby girl. Little cutie patootie.
She was telling me all about how she got shots at the doctor and how she had just woken up from a nap. She'll always be able to talk to her aunt Hilary!
I've been warned that the cost of energy is really high here. I'm afraid I am an energy waster and I'm realizing more and more how bad I really am. The refrigerator dings at me when the door has been open too long! good grief. Our stove, oven, water heater, washer and dryer, and heat are all gas. This months bill was a LITTLE high to say the least. I'm sure it's normal to pay quite a bit on bills when you live in a house, but I guess I wasn't expecting it for our apartment. So I'm trying to be more green and conserve on energy....and water....and gas....
....my bad :/ ....
Every pro usually has a con. At first, Clinton and I were a little leery about moving back to the States. While there are a lot of pros, there is one big con. But, it's already in our minds that we are coming home now. Every day we get a little bit more anxious to move. I just realized last night that we only have 2 1/2 months before we come home! Can you believe it? It's pretty exciting.
I can't wait to drive!...mmm....let's just soak that in for a minute. Ah, yes.
Me.car.drivers seat. moving. That's what I'm talking about.
Plus, we will have the freedom to go places...when we want to. We can drive to Walmart at midnight! (Even though I HATE Walmart... but it's open late and there is at least twelve in almost every US county) Yep. It's gonna be nice! I'm gonna miss Binch cookies though. We get those at the local Family Mart here. I might need to have those shipped over by the palette...but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :)


Maybe you can open a Smoothie king when you come back to Des Moines =) And I'm looking forward to being able to text you like normal again! I never realized how frequently I do that! =)
ReplyDelete