Sunday, March 6, 2011

{ Whit's End }

Clinton is working tonight... so I find myself googling, facebooking, e-mailing, fidgeting, eating, and now blogging! 97.8% of the time I'm wearing Clinton's sweatshirts... tonight was no different and as I looked in the mirror I noticed a little wet spot on the tummy of the sweatshirt. I didn't think too much about it, but after a couple hours of internet surfing I remembered I had put a truffle in the front pocket. I reached my hand in... Mmmmm squishy. Then I realized that the small wet spot wasn't very small anymore. Needless to say, I'm doing laundry!

The word I use most frequently while Clinton is at work is "no." Sometimes I use different inflection. Sometimes it's "No, no, NO" or just "NO!"

 I'm telling you, the dogs are only naughty when Clinton is working! Our upstairs neighbor actually asked Clinton if I yell at him. (:P Rut row) Clinton laughed and told him "no" and that it's at the dogs I yell at. There's nothing like having your husband's coworker thinking you are yelling at him. Sheesh.

You know, I was thinking, some people might wonder why we named our dogs, Avery and Whitaker (especially Whitaker :P) Then I thought, "Actually, people probably don't wonder that at all. It's probably never even crossed their minds" Either way, I'm going to tell you.  Clinton and I both grew up with a love for "Adventures in Odyssey." We named our dogs after this guy :)


Meet Mr. John Avery Whitaker!

{ He is the owner of an ice-cream parlor called, "Whit's End" in a little town called Odyssey.  He mentors the local kids that stop by and is also known for creating the imagination station. You should check it out... http://www.whitsend.org ... you can listen online! }

Now you officially know how nerdy we really are :) It's okay, we've already got names picked if we get any more dogs...

Meet Eugene Meltsner!!


Just be glad we aren't picking baby names :)

------------------------------


This is AK Plaza. The train station/ food court/ and shopping mall I have mentioned before.  We went out for a date the other night. It was pretty fun. We ate at a restaurant called Puffin's. I ordered Mexican food at a Canadian restaurant in Korea...and it was delicious!




After dinner we crossed the street for some dessert at the Caffe Bene




The man behind the counter looked a little annoyed with me. Clinton said it might have something to do with the fact that I was taking pictures of everything...I don't know what he's talking about....

gallato
 Clinton ordered chocolate...and he ended up with this... oops


This is what a Korean receipt looks like. You should see the confusion on my face when we get the bills!


As you can tell, I was feeling very touristy that night and just kept my camera out. I came across this nifty bathroom and thought I should document it as well.


Nifty huh...


--------------------------------

I've been watching the show "Reba" a lot lately...I'm working on my southern accent for our move to GEORGIA! My friends made fun of me when I moved from Iowa to Kansas City because I said "beg" instead of "bAg." Then when we moved back to Iowa I was razzed for saying "bAg" instead of "beg." Des Moines and Kansas City are only three hours apart.  I can only imagine what a year or two in the deep South will do to my speech. I've never been to such a Southern state before, who know's, they might think I sound like some of you Minnesoootans...you know who you are. (Yaaaah) Then, when we move back to Iowa, I might be calling everybody "hun" and "ya'll!" Who knows :)

The news hasn't been "officially" posted yet, but we are pretty sure Georgia is our next duty station. Fort Stewart to be exact. It's near Savannah and the ocean which from what I hear are both beautiful! I figure if Clinton and I are going to be away from home we might as well be somewhere warm!


5 comments:

  1. I hope it's Georgia... that would be a great location for us to come and visit. =) And I can't picture you with a southern accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em...I'm gonna sound just like Reba. I'm even gonna sing like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did wonder if your dogs were named after Whit...but I figured no one else remembered those!!! I loved those as a kid!!!Hey I saw that your wedding/reception is on the June 4...what time is it going to be? I have Megan Stuckey's wedding that morning so just trying to figure things out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Odyssey rocks! Ed grew up on that, Psalty (thanks to you and Em) and the Chronicles of Narnia... Wonder what he will name his dogs!!! Georgia would be so cool (except in the summer LOL) and Can't wait to hear you sing like Reba.
    Love to you and Clinton,
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Love the photos of the Caffe. Georgia would be a great place, we could come eat at Paula Dean's restuant, she too could help you out with that southern accsent.
    Love,
    Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete