Friday, March 18, 2011

{ It's official! }

I've been trying to write this post for like a week now, but blogger has been really slow, so it's taking me a bit to finish it up.

The news is in and we are officially going to Fort Stewart in Georgia.  It is the largest base in the Eastern half of the United States and I've only heard good things about it. The other day I was really getting irritated that we hadn't heard where we are going. I was telling Clinton, "I can't believe they haven't posted it....don't they know...blah blah blah.....DUMB!" Just a few minutes later Clinton got online and sure enough, it was posted! I told Clinton it was because they heard me yelling at them! :)

So, here is the deal... Clinton and I will be returning to Des Moines, May 8th. Our wedding ceremony will be June 4th and we will be heading to Georgia June 5th or 6th. June 11th I'll be flying back to KC for my friend Katie's wedding and sometime around then we will be welcoming Mandy and Chris's baby! It's going to be an eventful Spring and a busy month!

Now I have to figure out how to move...how to get our furniture picked up...flights....and stuff like that. I have no idea what I am doing!

This past week Clinton was in an ongoing exercise. Clinton had to go into the gas chamber the other day. When he got home the dogs kept licking him. I wondered if Whit would keel over from licking the chemicals off of him, but I'm pretty sure nothing can kill her. I mean, look at her...
Nothing can take her down.

Whit likes to take her toys under the couch to keep them away from Avery.


She reminds us more and more of a cat every day. Sometimes we don't know where she is until we call her name and her head pops out from under the couch :)


Sometimes Avery wants to be cool like Whitaker, so he crawls around under our bed. Unfortunately he's too big to chew toys under the bed, so all he does is clunk around.


Clinton came home a little early the other night and right when he got home I sat on his lap (kissy kissy :D) and Whit came over to give us kisses and to snuggle too. A few seconds later Avery came over and I felt my leg get warm....warmer.....warmer...WET! Yep, Avery got all three of us. Whit got up real fast and looked at me like, "mom? why am I wet?" We all got baths and showers at 4:00 in the morning!

We had a fun weekend though despite our "wet" start. We were able to go out to eat and to a movie. We saw Battle Los Angeles, which is about aliens attacking LA in an effort to take over the world and the military has to fight back. Now, I realize that it's aliens and it's not real, but I really hate watching movies with anything military in them now (minus JAG and NCIS of course). Clinton likes it for some reason. I don't know if I'll ever look at war movies the same. They just hit too close to home I guess.

I'm buying Clinton a car! That is, he saved up all the money and now I'm spending it for him. I don't really like making these large purchases I must say. It is too stressful! But we are pretty excited to get it :)

I've told you before that Clinton doesn't like it when I use knives... and... I don't like it when I use knives either. This is what happens...
ha, it's just a little tiny cut but it wouldn't stop bleeding

Clinton was in the other room as I attempted to cut a big chewy dog bone in half, when he heard me say, "Uh Oh!"
clinton:"did you cut yourself?!"
me: "yeeeeaaaaah"

Now he says from now on I need a signed permission slip to use a knife :P

---------------------------------

A lot of people have asked if we were affected by the earth quake and tsunami in Japan. We were not. Actually, it's kind of hard to hear/see news in Korea. Even in my many hours of flipping channels I don't think I've ever come across a Korean news channel. I've watched British news on BBC and we also have an Australian channel, but I haven't seen a Korean news channel. So, I heard about the tsunami on facebook actually :) Where would I be without the world wide web? Anyways, we were not affected by the actual tsunami. 
---------------------------------

Guess who's ONE?? Whitaker! Yep, that's right. She is one year old today. When the breeder showed us Whit she was the quietest dog, mild, and scared looking. She clung to me because she was so scared of the other dogs. The day we picked her up from the breeder, she started barking in the car and the lady said that was the first time she had ever heard her bark.... oh man, have things changed... We love her though, even though she is crazy, hoards everything, and has a funny tail. She's feisty, naughty, and hilarious all at the same time.


What a punkin head





No comments:

Post a Comment