Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Evacuation

Two weeks after I moved to South Korea, North Korea decided to open fire. Clinton called late at night and told me to pack a bag in case we would be evacuated...
As you all know, we did NOT have to evacuate after all, but it was a little stressful for a time. 

Two months after moving to Georgia we are looking at another possible evacuation :) I'm beginning to think it's just me. So, once again I will be packing up (just in case.) It looks like Irene could be paying us a visit this weekend, although from what I'm hearing on the local news it looks like it will probably hit closer to North Carolina. We aren't completely in the clear though and we will no doubt have some serious thunderstorms no matter what!

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/article/tropical-depression-nine-storm-hurricane-irene_2011-08-20
The last hurricane to make landfall in GA was in 1979! I have a feeling that we will not be directly hit by Irene, but we will be ready to hop in the car and drive should we need to! While I do NOT particularly want to experience a Category 3 Hurricane up close and personal, I am not excited to see any other state get hit either. I can't imagine what kind of damage this would do to major cities like NY City or Boston (which, according to the Weather Channel, is a definite possibility.) It is definitely something to keep in our prayers!

Lots of love from Georgia, Yaaa'll! :P




No comments:

Post a Comment