Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just Peachy

This morning I had a contact tear, while on my eye. So, I had to drive all squinty-like to the nearest eye doctor to get it removed. It made for a fun morning.

I found this quote and I think I should make it my blogging motto. Sometimes you just need a good ole Winnie the Pooh quote to explain it all.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.


-- Winnie the Pooh

So keep that in mind when you read my blog :P I try to write well, but some things are hard to explain without using poor grammar! (don't tell that to my english teachers) Plus, today I will be blogging with one contact.

First impressions, first impressions....what to say about that. Well, I'm just going to put it out there. Our first impression of the South, not so good. That being said, let me go back and explain. On the way down to Georgia from Iowa we passed through St. Louis, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta. Oh look, there is the St. Louis arch! The countryside here is pretty. Oh look, Nashville! These mountains are beautiful. It's so green and lush here. Oh, we're in Georgia, Look it's Atlanta! After Atlanta I was driving and Clinton was sleeping. As we continued South I noticed the trees were getting a little shorter, the grass a little browner. Finally the GPS informed me that it was time to exit off the interstate. Now, if you've ever had any experience with a GPS you know that it doesn't always take you the most well-known way. We were driving along these little back country roads and driving through some really, umm, how to put this gently... let's just say that I might have seen Gomer Pile walk by. (thankfully Clinton was still sleeping at this point) Every stereotype you know of the South, I saw that first day in Georgia. I mean, the signs in restaurants stating: "no shoes, no shirt, no service" are hung for a reason. We actually saw a lady in a restaurant with no shoes on...

So, this was our first impression. Don't worry though, we like it here. Georgia does have more to it than what we originally saw passing through on our way to Stewart. If you know Clinton though you know he's not really a "southern kind of guy." He grew up in Europe and the Midwest, likes Audi and Soccer and hates Country music! So it's probably a little harder for him to feel at home here but it's growing on him :)

We are renting a four bedroom home with a fenced backyard! Angels are singing! It is sooooooo-oooooo-oooooo much better having a yard (especially a FENCED yard) for the two furry members of our family. Much better than potty pads on a glassed in porch! Thankfully there is another dog in our neighborhood that has an equally annoying bark as Whit, so we don't have the most annoying dog in the neighborhood...they're tied.

I will post pics of the house at some point...when everything is in it's place :) We have just a little too much furniture for our house. Right now there is an extra kitchen table blocking our front door. I can't post pictures of our house like that now can I?

-------------------------------------

My oh my, being married to the Army is just always... challenging. The first day Clinton was back to "work", (it wasn't really work, it was "in-processing", but we'll call it work) he called and informed me he'd be working late and didn't know when he'd be "home" (home being the local Country Inn and Suites). He made it back sometime after midnight and the first thing he said was, "My unit is deploying." ...

If you know me, you know that if I have accepted  something in my mind ahead of time I can deal with it. But, if I've got one thing settled in my mind you can't go changing it on me...

Deployment is an obvious reality if you are married to a soldier. I know that. But, I had good reason to believe that we would have a good year before Clinton would probably have to deploy. Like I said, you can't go changing things on me! Someone needs to inform Clinton's chain of command :P (I'm just kidding, don't really) (unless you really want to) (but seriously)

As of now Clinton will not be deploying and I will leave it at that. I'm trying to be good.

-----------------------------------

Baby, baby, how is the baby. Our baby is either playing soccer (or volleyball ;) or is going to run a marathon, because it is always movin'! For some reason I didn't think that we would see our baby move on an ultrasound at 12 weeks. I don't know why. I just thought that when they are that little they just hang out. But at 12 weeks we saw our little bean moving it's arms and legs and it even jumped in the "air." It was like a little jumping bean! Now we are at 20 weeks today. Half way there. When I hit 16 weeks I felt the baby move and goodness gracious it hasn't stopped moving. Clinton was able to feel a "kick" (or punch or body-slam) too! For such a small baby it sure does make a lot of ruckus. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like when it's a foot and a half long. Yikes! I also think the baby has a little 'tude. When I lay my laptop on my stomach I feel "bump","bump","bump" right where the laptop is. I guess maybe I'm crowding it's space.

It's pretty fun being pregnant. I like it so far. Check back in a couple months...

It would probably be a little more fun if people could actually tell I'm pregnant :)

How have I been feeling?.... well.... about like this

Poor Clinton

Yep, this about explains it. I really do have to most wonderful husband in the world though and he loves me despite my...umm...mood swings. 

---------------------------------------------------

In case you missed it, I'm gonna post a few photos. Just for kicks and giggles :)

Cherish Anderson, my talented friend took some photos while we were getting ready! cherishandrea.com
 My beautiful "maids"
Alyssa, Katie, Emily, Cherish, and Corrie. I love you girls!


What a sweetie. what a cutie.

Isn't that just the cutest. I just love looking at this picture.

Alison Marie was our wedding photographer and she did a wonderful, fantastic, super fabulous job. I haven't had a chance to put the photos on my computer yet though so I can't post any of them. But when I do, I will :)

-------------------------------------------

Okay, I want to know what you think... Boy or girl? So take a vote!
(You can take the poll located on the left hand side of my page)







1 comment:

  1. I think that little jumping bean is a boy... but we don't care either way =) And she's showing more than she thinks... that baby just wants to stay tucked in and doesn't want to "pop" yet

    ReplyDelete