Saturday, October 15, 2011

Irelyn Rose turns ONE!

Phew... well, I took my last flight as a pregnant woman home last week to shoot a friend's wedding, celebrate Irelyn's first birthday, and have a baby shower for our little (jumping, stretching, always moving) bean. I have quite a few things to blog about now and I'm gonna start with Irelyn's Birthday fun.

Irelyn is a special little girl and I was so glad I was able to be there for her birthday celebration! Irelyn, Uncle Clinton wanted to be there too... he loves you very much :)

Irelyn loves uncle Clinton... she even gave him a lick kiss on the cheek... I've never gotten one of those!



She, like I, was born in the best birthday month ever. Fall birthday parties are always fun, pretty, and festive... beautiful weather, football games, orange and red trees, chili, pumpkin bars, cider, wonderful smells and you can finally pull out your scarf collection! Plus when she get's older she will get to celebrate her birthday at volleyball tournaments with her teammates... until she graduates college. (at least that's what I think)

If you know my sister, you know that birthdays/holidays are a HUGE deal. You don't just have a birthDAY, you have a birthWEEK. So, Irelyn's birthday was really two-part. For PART of the big birthday celebration we went to the Center Grove Orchard to see some goats n' apples n' pumpkins n' such...but mainly to eat apple donuts! By the way... apple donuts are great for cheering up a cranky one year old. Especially for those children that have not yet experienced the wonderful world of...sugar! That's what aunts are for. :) Irelyn, as long as you've got me, you'll get your taste of sweet things.

It was a beautiful day and the leaves were so pretty. The Orchard was packed with families...and strollers.


Of course the birthday girl had to go see the little baby goats...


... Come here goats...


... look, I'm cute ...




where are you going goat?






We tried to get to the pumpkin patch...


... but they said it was too far to walk...


SO we settled on the apple orchard!


Irelyn found an apple that she just would NOT let go of...
Mima tried to switch it with a different apple, but Irelyn just cried until she got HER apple back. They had a bond I guess.


I love Mima...and this apple...

apple...
...APPLE
apple, apple, apple


silly apple!

Nothing makes me as happy as THIS apple!


Okay, dad IS pretty funny...


But not as great as this apple...

She looks like her momma!

Apple down here...

apple up there...




Mima & Gpa pa



Lucky for miss Irelyn... her birthday was also family picture day :P





I love this picture...


What a little cutie-patootie


We all had fun celebrating Irelyn on her special day. First birthday parties are really more for the family, I think. Irelyn didn't really know what was going on except that she got to see goats and other kids, eat apple donuts (thanks to aunt Hilary), and found her best friend, apple...

but for everyone else, we all got to celebrate her life thus far and thank God for what a blessing she is to us.

It was a fun, special day at the Apple Orchard!

Later that evening (after a nap of course) it was time for cake and ice cream and cousins and fun...

Lots of Irelyn's cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, great grandparents, and great aunts and uncles came to celebrate...


She LOVES watching her cousins!


The cake, although very cute, was not Irelyn's favorite...


I think she preferred the donut









Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, Do You Know How Loved You Are?
Happy Birthday Irelyn Rose!


We look forward to all the future birthdays we get to spend with you!

Love,
Aunt Hilary, Uncle Clinton, baby bean,
your friends, Avery and Whitaker,
... and apple

2 comments: