Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ready and Waiting

Okay, little man... I think it is time for you to arrive!

I was afraid this day would come... the day when everything on my "Must Do" list is done and all I have left is to wait. I think that's a little bit of why I put some things off for so long, because I didn't want to get to the waiting portion of pregnancy. But here we are with one week left and everything crossed off the list!

IF there was something seriously wrong with either the baby or I at this point, I am not actually sure that the doctors would know.  I read a lot though and have kept up on what signs to watch out for and what to be concerned about and I don't have anything I'm worried about. Based on appointments alone though, since about 20 weeks I simply go in, get measured and they check the baby's heartbeat. We spend thirty minutes waiting for a 4 1/2 minute consult with the doctor... "Okay, we'll see you in two weeks." Sometimes I feel like I need to think of questions to ask (even if I already know the answer), just to get a conversation going. :) Sometimes I get frantic, "Clinton, quick think of a question!" :P

My due date is a week from today! If he decides to linger longer than that, we will have a week and three days before they induce. So if you are keeping track, that would put us around January 1st. Now, if he can work it out that he is the first baby of 2012 so that we get all those wonderful gifts from Pampers and Gerber and scholarships and stuff like that, then I'm okay with that. I would prefer he come sooner than later though, because he has visitors coming throughout the month and we are all waiting on him!

As of my last appointment though he had dropped and is ready to go, so I don't think we will still be waiting on the 1st.

Clinton and I are excited to be able to spend the Holidays with ALL of our family members! My family will be trickling in as early as this Thursday and staying through Christmas and the Ellis' are set to arrive sometime around the end of the month! It's gonna make for an exciting, eventful month!
---------------------

As I was looking through some photos on my computer, I found some pictures of the dogs (Whit in particular) that reminded me of all the naughty things they've done. They made me laugh and I feel like I should share them, even if I've already posted them before. Plus I have to draw attention to the fact that a year ago Clinton and I adopted Avery and saved him (with the help of Dr. Kim) from Parvo! It was around this convenient time of year, when everything is closed for the Holidays, that we realized our cute little puppy was looking a little sick. But, thanks to Dr. Kim, Avery (or Aberah) is still with us... and surprisingly a much bigger boy than we expected!


The day we got him!

Just a tiny little guy

Mom, I don't feel too good...


I think I might be sick


We had to say our goodbyes the day he went to the vet, because we weren't sure if he would make it...


Why is it that they willingly go into the kennel when it's not their turn?


He got to come home a couple days after Christmas! Just a pile of bones covered in fur :)


And look at him now! He's just a handsome man :) A whole year older and 25 lbs heavier


Avery, we are glad you survived Parvo... now no more getting sick!

----------------
Whit, going to do something naughty...


Whit, acting like she's not being naughty when it's obvious she is.


Food? what food? I didn't eat any food...
clearly...



Naughty





Whit was probably doing something naughty under there... like chewing on something


HA! Anyways, those are some of the pictures I came across and I just had to "re-share" them.




If it were up to Santa, I think our dogs would be getting coal this year for Christmas... but I think throwing a baby in the mix will be punishment enough. I'm sure, for at least a little bit, Avery will be scared/ intimidated by the baby and Whit will not be impressed at all! 

But what will the puppies do when they can't have Clinton and I's attention all the time?!?!......
..........


Oh... I'm sure they'll think of something...






No comments:

Post a Comment