Today is cloth-cloth diaper day 1! See, Caius has been wearing his cloth diapers, but with disposable inserts, but today is the first day he's wearing cloth inserts in his cloth diapers... hence, "cloth-cloth diaper" day 1! These are the super cute newborn gDiapers that he has been wearing. They have worked really well.
the only problem with these is that for little guys with no tush... ... they sometimes fall down
I'm excited to start using cloth! You may (or may not) be wondering WHY we have decided to cloth diaper. We have a few reasons why, but our first and biggest reason is cost. Do you know how much it costs to diaper one child! Shnikes! diaperdecisions.com estimates that the cost of diapering one child to potty training in disposables cost $2577.35. Depending on the type of cloth diaper, the cost can range from around $400 to $1500 and can be used for multiple children. Thankfully we have received lots of cloth diapers for our baby shower, so I think the most I've spent is around $50 at this point. I'm hoping to stay under $500 :) Other beneficial reasons are obvious. The environmental benefits are that you aren't filling landfills with used diapers. And there are no mystery chemicals on baby's skin. After tons of googling, youtubing, and review reading I've chosen the "type" of cloth diapering I'm interested in, but there are still tons of options and variables to choose from. All in one's, All in two's, Prefolds, Hybrids, snappis, flats, hemp, microfiber, one size.... and the options go on and on and on. Once you've decided on the style of diapering, then you have to choose a brand! Oh the decisions! So, today we are going to start with the gDiaper. This is not your grandmother's cloth diaper I think the gDiaper brand is probably one of the cutest cloth diapers. As you can see, they velcro fasten in the back. There is a plastic liner that snaps in with the little orange snaps. The cloth insert just slips in and out- OR -I can pop a disposable insert in This is the gDiaper microfiber insert I bought a package of six and plan on making the rest myself from a tutorial my sister in law, Mandy, introduced me to. Aww... look at how comfy and cute it is on baby man! I got a little distracted by his cute little feet He's getting so big Caius man just loves his gDiapers We will see how they work for those messy changes... haven't experienced one yet Oh hi, little man! I got distracted by his cute little face too. If you are wondering what kind of crazy pacifier that is... that's what a pacifier looks like when a naughty dog pops the cute, decorative round part off the front. I know it will take some trial and error, time, washes, and maybe a few messes to figure out exactly which diapers work best for us, but I'm looking forward to the cloth diapering experience. |
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Cloth Diaper- Day 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment