Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ellis Family Christmas!!

Wow. Okay. As you can see I am way behind on my blogs. Christmas was two months ago and I'm just now blogging about the Ellis Christmas! If you think I'm behind on blogging, you should see how behind I am on the housework, and all the projects running through my brain. Some day, hopefully I can get SOME of them done :) But for now I will get one step closer by writing this post.

My family left on the 30th or 31st (can't remember) and the Ellis's arrived on the 31st or 1st (can't remember) ...Baby brain. 
Anyways...
Caius was approximately 10 days old.


The group arrived late in the evening, but despite the hours of driving, they were all ready to celebrate Christmas right then and there. So all the gifts were unloaded that night and we celebrated Christmas... oh I remember, It was the 31st! We opened gifts and celebrated the New Year. :)


How did they fit all of that into their cars?

Four little boys. Four little Clifford's from grandma and grandpa.


Look baby Caius, a Clifford puppy and a Clifford book!



and some Hawkeye gear!


Chris and Mandy look a little sleepy!




Caius decided to wake up for three minutes of Christmas...then it was back to sleep!


He will appreciate all of his gifts... some day.


Look at all of those boxes!



Clinton got a hold of the camera and decided to take a picture of all the ladies... and Charlie :)






I'm sure you've noticed the Hawkeye theme... :)



Nicky has her hands full

Whitsy was exhausted from running away from all the scary little boys (little kids are scary)

Avery LOVED it! Cayden wore him out!



Wrestle time with uncle Chris



Cayden was looking for letters on the TV.


Cayden really liked Whit and he would ask, "Wheres Whiff?" "WHIFFF!"
Whit was hiding of course.
He would have had better luck with Avery, who loves everyone no matter what size they are, but he asked for "whiff" most of the time.


Whoa, aunt Hilary, what are you doing?!


Picture time!


Caius said, "Do whatever you want, I'm sleeping."


Cayden... I think Camden wants your shoe.



Wink, wink ;)


We did a lot of hanging out at home, a lot of eating (thanks to Nancy), a lot of game playing, and a lot of chasing Whiff. We also spent a day downtown Savannah site-seeing.  We squeezed in some family photos, and the rest of the group found time to go to Tybee Island. Clinton and I opted for a nap while they went to Tybee Island :) we were too tired.




It seems like these little boys are in such different stages, but they were all born in 2011! Some day we will be juggling three graduations in one year :)





The little red faced one is mine :)


This next picture is pricless


Cayden: This is TERRIFYING!
Caius: I HATE this!
Camden: everyone is CRYING!
Carver: gee guys, what's the big deal?













I was sure to let my dad know that Cayden reads HyVee Seasons magazines in the bathroom because that's his favorite magazine. He looks for Curtis Stone and Shawn Johnson!










Clinton was comparing his skinny chicken legs with Carver's.
Clinton, I think Carver has you beat :)


Carver and Camden were saying goodbye to uncle Clinton





This Christmas was a lot of fun and one that we will always remember. We were so glad that every member of our families were able to come see us, celebrate together, and meet baby Caius. 

We had so much to look forward to. A new baby, my family coming to visit, Clinton's family coming to visit, Christmas, New Year's...

After everyone had left, we realized the baby was here, Christmas was over, our families had come and gone, and it was already 2012. It was sad when everyone was gone. Thankfully Clinton was able to take the rest of the month off and we had the chance to get to know this little guy...


He's a good guy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment