Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Look who's back!!

Our sick puppy is....still sick! But, He's Baaaaack! As most of you know our little puppy was real sick :( but thankfully he is feeling a little bit better.  Since his immune system was down he contracted Bronchitis...so he's got a little cough, but I was still able to go pick him up today! The Vet brought him out and he was still attached to the IV.  I've always had my parents to take care of the medical aspect of owning pets...and now it's my turn to have to see the nasty stuff.  Nasty to me, that is.  This is why I am not in the medical field...IV's gross me out! The vet told me that "Aberah" is very lucky...and strong. We've got a little fighter on our hands. Now I'm spoon feeding him and letting him rest. 


We are very glad to have him back. Clinton was pretty happy to have him home today...they snuggled on the couch this afternoon until Clinton had to go to work.


The poor buddy is still pretty sleepy...and VERY smelly!!


We can tell that he is feeling better. He was even running around with his new toy today...until Whit knocked him over. Whit is ready to play but Avery just isn't strong enough yet.  Since all of the soft toys had to be thrown out, they got all new toys today! Avery even got his very own blue puppy blanket. For those of you who have never had a dog, you might think I'm slightly crazy/ over-sensitive about our puppies... but, I don't have kids so for now these are my babies! Very hairy babies :P

Anyways...that's enough of that...




Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. Clinton and I spent Christmas day at our friends house eating and eating and eating too much. It was a good time :) We also were able to skype both of our families this weekend so that was nice to catch up!  


2010 has been great. I can't wait to see what 2011 has to offer!

-----------------


I think I've been hit by a truck... I was feeling okay until yesterday and now I've been hit hard with something. I think I'm going to have to give the clinic a visit tomorrow. I've heard it can take a very long time to see a doctor. Because It is on post, soldiers take priority over anyone else. So if a soldier walks in after me, they will automatically get in before me (a mere civilian :P).  Let's just hope there aren't too many sick soldiers tomorrow! :)

-----------------

When Clinton talks about anything Army related I usually only understand about every fifth word. "Well, the ARF changed the ELYT to GRFN so now I have to VGHS and POLS before I can WNKLD..."........ "Oooooh, Mmmmhmm" (I have no idea what you are talking about.) They all talk in abbreviations and unless you know what the abbreviations stand for, you will have no idea what they are talking about. One of our friends kept saying, "You can't do that in the DFAC"...finally I just had to ask what "DFAC" (pronounced D-fack) meant. Dining facility.... obviously! This was really bad Christmas day...After we had finished eating the ladies kind of scattered and left the table. I stayed next to Clinton and tried to participate in the conversation...a table full of soldiers. Big mistake! I have NO idea what was being said. I kept asking Clinton, "What does that mean?"..."What are they talking about?" Ha...I've got to work on this Army wife thing!

I DID learn something new though... There is no such thing as an Army "base." The Air Force has bases, the Army has posts (or in our case "garrison".)  We shop at the PX (Post Exchange)... but on the Air Force base we shop at the BX (Base Exchange.)  The whole world might already know that, but I thought it was interesting! The little things I learn everyday! I think I need to memorize the symbols for the different ranks. I never know if I'm talking to a Private or a Colonel. Not that it should matter...I mean, I'd treat everyone the same. I guess it's the same as if you meet your husbands boss or co-worker. You might act a little different :)

-------------------

Because Clinton and I do not (can't) have a car yet, we take a lot of cabs.  I'm noticing the cab drivers do the two finger farmer wave to every other cab and any Korean pedestrian. It's kinda funny. They only wave to fellow Koreans. :) The other day I was riding on post by myself and an American rap/hip hop song came on the radio and the driver started doing the "head bob." So, the cab driver and I were jammin' to some music together! Yeah!  

It was very slippery the other night as Clinton and I were making our way back home. The cab kept sliding around and we could hear and feel the breaks locking up. The driver kept saying "Sh, sh, sh, sh," every time we would slide. Seems like I always want to laugh in taxi's but I feel it would be inappropriate to laugh...especially since we don't speak the same language (which makes it even funnier)!
... Good times riding in cabs!

Well, now I'm just rambling... I hope this message finds you all well. Lot's of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment