Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Pyeongtaek Christmas

Before I left for Korea, my family and I were able to set up our Christmas stuff. We enjoyed one of my favorite meals, chili! Mmmm...


Emily made some cinnamon rolls too...



This is "boogers" (that's what I call her) first christmas. She enjoyed looking at the tree.


Chillin' with Mima


All the excitement was just too much though...had to squeeze in a little snooze


Resting with Opa while daddy stands on the ladder and stares at the tree...uh...Casey?


Nay-Pode, Pants, Podie...call him whatever you like...
aww...I miss Leopold!


Oh...and Whit... I don't miss her.





My little monkey... I never call her by her real name. What is her name anyways?




And there you have it...our Edeker Christmas decorating celebration in November. I'm glad that I was able to be a part of getting ready. Christmas is such a fun time of year.  Now Clinton and I get to enjoy packages from our families filled with candy and snacks and christmas decorations!

This is our humble abode...and our lovely decorations courtesy of our mothers.



*Draw special attention to the Seasons magazine...My dad has a special article in the front :) plus there are Hy-Vee deals and holiday recipes*


We have limited surfaces for our stuff to sit on, so most of it is on the coffee table or the T.V. stand.  Pay special attention to our lovely wallpaper!



We bought a tree! We didn't grab any ornaments when we got the tree, and if you know me you know I couldn't just leave it bare.  I tried, but thirty seconds later I just HAD to add something to the tree. So I sat next to Clinton and cut a million pieces of paper to make a paper chain for some garland. I felt a little like I was back in fourth grade, or college... but it was fun and I think it looks cute.



This is my favorite Christmas decoration. My mom gave it to us for one of my showers. I'm pretty sure it was made in Bethlehem which I think makes it extra special...and if you spin the star it plays Silent Night :)


It's fun getting "our" home ready for Christmas :)



1 comment:

  1. Your decorations look great! I love the paper chain on your tree. So glad you could be here when we decorated the house-I didn't really want to do it that night but I am so glad we did it while you were here. You will both be missed at Christmas but I am happy for you that you will get to celebrate Christmas ToGetHer!! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete