I'm not too keen on letting the world know my husband is out of town, but since I live about 6,000 miles away from 99.9% of people that actually read my blog I think it's okay this one time. Plus I won't be alone for long...my momma's coming!
Clinton is at WLC training for 18 days. I forget what WLC stands for exactly, but it is some kind of leadership training. This training is necessary for his promotion this month! (yay) Of course the Army has chosen to perform this 18 day training up north along the DMZ. The reason they do it up there is so that us wives have something to worry about for two and a half weeks...obviously.
I'm not really worried since things have settled down for the most part, but really? They couldn't have gone South?? Come on.
Why is it that problems we've never had before in our apartment happen when Clinton is gone. I have a feeling this is the start of a pattern. A day or so after Clinton left I went to get the mail. A simple task, or so it would seem. Come to find out, we had received six of the largest boxes we've gotten yet. Thankfully the friendly mailroom men carried them all out the cab for me. Unfortunately I was not able to take them home to help me carry them into our apartment. Six LARGE boxes, three flights of stairs...you do the math...
Now our toilet is not working...(it was not MY fault)...although it could be from all the food I flush down it...my makeshift garbage disposal....Naaaah. But seriously, not to point fingers....it was Avery's fault. I will leave it at that. Anyways, it's broken and despite my best efforts I haven't been able to fix it. Once again...wish Clinton was here. It looks like I'm going to get to meet the Korean plumber!!
Tonight I bought a utility cart for our kitchen. It's the kind of furniture that you must put together yourself. We do not have a screw-driver at our apartment (and I hope I don't find out in 15 days that we actually DO have one...because that would just be disappointing after what I went through) so I had to improvise. Because I am my mothers daughter, I am used to improvising. After all she has taught me many short cuts during our many DYI projects. She is the woman I've seen randomly carrying her bathroom vanity down the hallway and who hangs pictures with floss. Yes, floss. You'd be surprised how many things in our house have been hung with floss. (Sorry to give away your secret mom). I usually hang nails with my high-heels and use my fingers to measure. I've put my fair share of furniture together with a butter knife before, but this time I needed a philips screwdriver and the butter knife just wasn't gonna cut it...
Clinton has this nifty, expensive, deadly looking utility knife (he assures me it's not the kind of knife you stab people with though) that he usually always has on him. I'm assuming he wasn't allowed to take it with him because he left it at our house...in plain sight (mistake). I don't think he usually likes me messing with his knife...I kind of forget to move my fingers before I attempt to close it. minor details.
As I'm sure you figured, I decided the super sharp knife would work perfectly as a screwdriver. I will have you know that I was over half-way finished before it broke...
...Looks like somebody is gonna get a NEW nifty, expensive, deadly looking utility knife (not the stabbing kind) when he returns. Of course the knife actually costs way more than the utility cart does. Looks like my improv skills didn't work this time.
I could just replace the knife and not tell Clinton...but I would never do that. For one, I would never lie to my husband. For two, I would never get away with it even if I wanted to...it is, after all, Clinton we are talking about. He would walk in the door, give me a hug, and say, "What's wrong? You seem like something is bothering you...did you break my knife while I was gone?" Some times I'm almost sure he can actually read my mind. It's scary.
Wouldn't you know things would start breaking after Clinton left. If this is what happens in the first few days I can't wait to see what'll happen in the next fourteen. Add in my mother and we've got big problems! The two of us...well, we'll just see what happens I guess. :)

OMGsh Hil! I will bring you a screwdriver =) I hate it when things start going bad when the man of the house is gone. Funny update- I hope we are still think it is even after Clinton finds out his knife got broken =) Love ya and won't be long and I will be on my way. Yay!!
ReplyDeleteOh Hilary, you really need to write a book I think =)
ReplyDeleteHil, first; shame on you blaming that poor defenseless little dog, second; husbands can read minds; third; you can keep the screw driver but I want the wife back; and finally one word"plunger" Love you have fun with the mom. Dad
ReplyDelete