Friday, February 11, 2011

that's okay, i didn't want to go anyways

Avery LOVES slippers! He's been carrying my slippers around ever since the day we got him. He carries both slippers in his mouth at one time. Now, Clinton has a pair of slippers so Avery has two pairs to move around the house. Usually I have to look all around the house to find a match. Sometimes I even find them stored under the couch. I think it must be frustrating for him because I'm always taking them away from him. When he was little he would try to get on the couch but just couldn't quite make it. He'd come running full speed to try to get up and would just fall down. He stuck with and just kept trying over and over and over again. Usually he had a slipper in his mouth. Eventually he would come to me for assistance. Just as soon as he got on the couch I'd take the slipper away and put it on the floor. Oh, how frustrating for a puppy. He'd have to get off the couch and then we'd repeat the whole ordeal over again. Well...he's grown up. He get's on the couch just fine and he still LOVES those darn slippers.



Unlike Whit, I have to keep an eye on what Avery chews. Whit also loves my slippers but I don't care because she can't damage them. She also loves chewing on my ponytail holders. She throws them in the air, across the room, pulls on them...but she never damages them. I recently ran out of ponytail holders altogether! I had none. zero. I scrounged around the house looking in every cupboard and bag I could find and finally found ONE! Today I saw Avery chewing on one and before I knew it, it was gone. He swallowed it!! NOW I know where all my ponytail holders are... or where they will be soon....

In my naivety I thought that yeast would only rise if it had heat...so before I put it into the fridge I wrapped my dough in Saran wrap...
This was my blond moment for the month (or week)


It still expands even when it's cold!

But the finished product turned out okay :) That's all that matters. And now I know for future reference that dough will still rise even in a cold fridge!

Tonight (Friday) Clinton is "off" but he has a formal dinner to be at in Osan.  Wouldn't you know it...wives aren't invited. So not only does he have something on his night off, but I can't go along with him. What a bummer. He looked pretty cute though I must say. I felt like his mom sending him off to prom... I was snapping pics of him as he was getting ready :)

fixing his bars

"Does this look straight to you?"


What a stud

I just love him


I hope someday I get to go with him to a formal :) Sounds like fun. Until then I'll just take pictures and help him get his pins on straight!






1 comment:

  1. I hate it when I can't find a pony tail holder, and I don't even have dogs to eat them. Maybe next time you can get to go to a formal event with clinton =)

    ReplyDelete