As you know, I watch a lot of TV. Lately my sleep schedule has gone from weird to just WACKY! Now I find it impossible to fall asleep when Clinton get's off work at 6 am so I find myself staying up. Now that my schedule is changing I've been watching different shows. One show in particular visits different businesses in Korea and basically shows how they make things and how fast they can do their job. Most the time it's a restaurant or something to do with food. It's really very interesting, even though I don't understand what they are saying. One lady weaves baskets, some of them make pastry's and whip them out really super fast, and one guy was threading a massive machine with millions of strands of very fine thread. They always slow the video down so you can see it in slow motion and sometimes they time them to show how many donuts they can make in 30 seconds or something like that. Then of course, in Korean fashion they over emphasize how AMAZING it is! It's hard to describe...it's kind of like listening to car dealer commercials, only in Korean with really obnoxious bright colorful Korean letters. Sometimes I wish I could share what I'm watching with friends back home, because I have no way of really describing it!
The other show I've also recently been watching is AFV. Everyone has watched AFV at some point in their life, so you all know what I'm talking about. There are many life lessons one can learn from America's Funniest home Videos...
1. Elderly people should avoid getting into canoes
2. Grooms should not attempt to pick up anyone...especially the bride!
3. Never jump off a roof onto a trampoline
4. Avoid marrying/befriending people who own scary masks or who will scare you while you are sleeping
5. All men should avoid people who are swinging golf clubs and bats and little kids swinging sticks at pinatas
That pretty much sums it all up.
--------------------------
We got our orders and Clinton (and I) will start out-processing April 18th! We've been car shopping, furniture shopping, insurance shopping, and apartment shopping online. So far we've bought a car, insurance, and furniture! AND we've found an apartment that looks perfect for us! Now, let's just hope that our orders aren't changed at the last minute :P
I've "become a 'fan'" of the "Fort Stewart Wives" facebook page so that I can get information about the area and stuff like that. From what I hear, Georgia is hot, pretty, and has snakes and HUGE bugs. As long as the snakes and bugs stay out of our house, I don't mind. It also looks like Florida is in driving distance for a long weekend vacation every now and then, which sounds delightful.
--------------------------
I told you before that I was writing an article for Life Beautiful magazine, and it's out! I actually didn't know it was out until I got an e-mail from a sweet lady who had read it :) that was a fun surprise to find in my e-mail inbox.
You can find it in stores or subscribe at www.lifebeautifulmagazine.com
Check it out!


You'll LOVE Georgia..my aunt and uncle live in White, Georgia (north of Atlanta) but visit Savannah often. It almost feels like you're in a different world when you compare it to the Midwest :) Glad to hear you know where you'll be going! miss you guys.
ReplyDelete-Molly
I also read your story in Life Beautiful and loved it! It brought back memories of the short time we "lived" in another country (China). This is an amazing adventure you'll remember and talk about for years. And you've had such an adventurous spirit about it-so inspiring! So glad you guys get to come back to the states. Closer to family:) I have some close friends who are from Georgia and they loved living there. Happy travels!
ReplyDelete