Monday, April 4, 2011

{ Three A.M. now Four }

Well it's 3:30 in the morning here and I am pooped. As you can see, I've been updating my blog (once again.) I promise to keep it this way... not really. I can't make a promise that I already know I'll probably break :P One special thing I added to my 'page tabs' is a OPSEC. It's just some friendly information about keeping quiet. After you read it you're probably going to think, "wow, Hilary is really bad at that!" but I'm working on it.

Can you believe we are almost to the 30 day mark?? So exciting! I think that in our minds Clinton and I have already moved back home. We've got to keep reminding ourselves that we have things to do here!

I went on post to get a haircut and the Korean guy asked me, "Natural Hair?" For some reason I thought he was asking if it was my hair, so I responded "Yes". Then he said, "nice color." Then I realized he was asking if it was my natural color. If you know me, then you know that I don't even know what my natural color is! It was too late to say, "Ooooh you meant my color...No it's not. I thought you were talking about my hair." I can just imagine the stare he would've given me! As I got to thinking about it more I have no idea why I was confused in the first place... I don't really look like a person with a weave...
Anyways, he went on to ask me if I had highlights (which I almost always do, but I don't now) and he informed me that I would look prettier and sexier if I did....

...Well then...

Koreans and their bluntness!

I went glasses shopping the other day and I could tell the elderly Korean clerk was watching from behind me. I turned around a little as if to say, "yes, I see you," but I guess the little glance I gave him was an invitation to tell me what he thought. He told me that he didn't like the bigger one's on me and that I should get small frames. Since he felt the need to share his opinion I decided to ask him what he thought about the next pair I put on (I was trying to be friendly and include him in my picking.) He said, "Eh, so so." :P He was a cute lil' guy and I know he meant well. (the "so so" pair was the ones I ended up getting!)

Tonight in the cab the driver had a Korean radio station on... obviously I don't know what was being said, but all of a sudden I heard the alphabet being sung...
"A, B, Chi, D, E, Effa, G"

haha...too funny not to laugh, but too awkward to laugh...so I just kept the laughter on the inside for the rest of the cab ride. I don't blame them though, I mean... you should hear me try to say the Spanish alphabet!
-------------------------------------------
I've been meaning to write about this for a while, I just haven't gotten to it. Last week Clinton had one of his 24 hour shifts so the puppies and I had friends over!

Sophie, Delilah, (sister Great Dane, Collie mix)(right Melissa? hopefully I've got that right) and my friend Melissa.

I always get their names mixed up!
Delilah

Sophie

The ladies
 Whit growled the entire time they were there. Remember the whole dog park chasing thing a few months ago...well, Whit hasn't gotten over it. Sophie and Delilah just want to play, but Whit has no time for them. Melissa actually got whit to sit with her even though the dogs were nearby! That was an improvement!
Avery and Sophie
 Avery wasn't too sure what to think at first, but he loosened up and had a good time running around the apartment with the girls (while whit cowered behind me and growled.) Sophie uses her paws...which is hilarious...and kind of punches (in a playful way.) The day we went to the dog park, Avery was standing with his ears back and tail between his legs as if to say, "I'm not here...don't hurt me" Sophie came over and "punched" him....He just fell over. "I surrender!!" I wish I would have caught it on tape! It was so funny and was a perfect example of passive, fraidy-cat Avery! (he's a lil' sweetie though) By the end of the day, they were all pretty good friends (except whit) and they even took naps together while Melissa and I crocheted :)


Hilary

1 comment:

  1. crocheted is a weird word. definitely read it wrong at first.

    ReplyDelete