Monday, April 11, 2011

One of those days...

I just dug through my emergency evacuation backpack to find some Nature Valley granola bars I've been craving...is that bad?

My mom used to read me the book, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."

"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." 
— Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Seems like I've been having a few of those lately. Everyone has them...the kind of day where you've just had it and you don't think it'll get worse...and then you stub your toe.  The best way to take care of it is to just pray and go to bed and start over in the morning!

Looking back, it wasn't all that bad, it just seemed like one thing after another. But at the end of the day, my problems are only a teeny tiny fraction of some of the things others go through/are going through and that puts things into perspective. 

I've heard that (if you blog) you are supposed to try to blog something every day. I think I'm going to try to work on that. Maybe it'll reduce the length of my posts :P

Good news....This time next week Clinton will be DONE working! Woo Hoo! Yippee Skippy! We've got our tickets bought, the dog travel lined up, the movers ready to go and I'm working on selling our excess items. We are even working on applying for an apartment in Georgia already. Choosing an apartment based on the pictures online... Wise? Dumb? Risky? Smart?...I'm sure it could go either way, but I'm feeling pretty confident with our choice.

I think when we are back home Clinton might just throw me in his car and drive me around for hours. He is soooooo excited to see his car. It is mentioned in conversation at least once a day. Tonight at dinner he said, out of nowhere, "What do you think is safer a Beetle (my car) or an Audi (his car)?" He then went on to tell about how much Audi did in sales last year...:P... He's so cute.

____________________________

I'm going to post some pictures of all the naughty things our dogs have done (and ruined), but I need to take some pictures of the damage first!

You know when a lazy teen boy plops on the couch...that is what Avery does when he's looking for a good spot for a nap. He plops over there, then moves over here...that's not the spot...so he plops across the room. Soooo dramatic. I think he's getting a little too big to sprawl on the couch and be comfortable in his standards. He just plopped on the floor, now. I don't know if I've ever seen him choose to sleep on the floor. :P That's where he should be though!

I got this e-mail from my grandma and I thought it was pretty funny/true. I've never had a cat (Whit's the closest), but I think this is probably true of a lot of cats. I would reference the author, but the e-mail didn't specify...
The e-mail was titled, "What Pets Write in Their Diaries"

Avery...our "Scaredy-Dog"
Excerpt from a dog's diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!



Whit, our "Watch-Cat"
Excerpt from a Cat's Diary

      My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. 
Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet.I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely  made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am.There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously brain damaged!
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.  For now …

Whit doesn't have all the cat-like personality traits, but some. For all of you cat owners...I do find it amazing that you can go for days without seeing your cat. That is just hilarious to me. Some days I wish I could go all day without seeing my two rascals! A few months ago I found out that my cousin, Adam, and his wife Britni have a cat?! I had no idea. I told both of them that I didn't believe it and that I would only be convinced if I saw it with my own two eyes. I happened to be at their house for a baby shower and I asked to see the cat...... Britni looked high and low and finally said she couldn't find it.....

...uh huh....

So, is there REALLY a cat? I'm still skeptical. All that to say, cat's are a something I wouldn't know how to care for. If I couldn't find Avery I would assume he had run away or got his head stuck in the food dish. People with cats are just like, "eh...she'll show up sometime." 

I hope this finds you well! Who knows...maybe you'll hear from me tomorrow.



Hilary

2 comments:

  1. molly always does the same thing on the couch... she always sits down then turns in complete circles a few times then sits... and repeats the process several times before finally letting out a big "HUFF!" she's cute though, i like her. she also snores like a fat man... does avery snore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Hilary you get back May 8th riiiiiighhhtt? :) You are welcome to come over anytime to see our shedding little friend. Is it bad that the only reason we have the cat is so that we don't have to see her all the time? lol I think Adam would actually prefer to see her just a little less because she is getting more friendly, she is now brave enough to let Adam even pet her. That and with it being spring she is shedding like crazy, i swear that i vacuum at least once a day! Well the day you guys get back i'll have to introduce the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete