Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My head fell off

Wow....I went from saying I'm going to blog every day to not blogging for two weeks! The day after my last blog, life just got a little crazier!

We officially have 1 1/2 weeks left in Korea, however, I need to have our house ready before then. We sold our dryer and they are picking it up this Saturday...which means any and all laundry needs to be done by then. So right now whatever is clean is going into a space bag or a suitcase. Of course the dogs enjoy sitting in the suitcases.....

This is an interesting move, because the Army actually packs for you. In our case though, the packers/movers are coming the same day as the landlord to inspect our apartment! Yikes. So I need to have it clean while the movers are here. This is all becoming a bit overwhelming. And all this is happening on the 4th so that Clinton can meet his out-processing deadline on the 5th. Then the four of us will be hoteling it until we leave on the 8th!

We will actually be traveling back in time. We leave on the 8th and we land on the 8th in the States! Kinda crazy.

It's beginning to look like Spring here! The cherry blossoms are blooming and the plants are starting to look a little less brown and a little more green. In the 7 months I've spent in Korea I've never seen green on trees! I would like to take some pictures soon... if I could just find the time...

Everything will get done...and if it doesn't... well, it will.

The dogs have nearly lost their minds I think. They are just being ridiculous. I have spent half of my day pulling dogs out of the trash bag. It's just a dog magnet! Of course when you pack you inevitably find things that need to be thrown away...so I have a trash bag sitting in the kitchen for times such as these. Unfortunately the dogs think it's a bag full of toys and goodies for them. Sick.

Last night I was heading to bed and Whit decided to have one last hurrah in the trash. After much persuasion I got her to come to bed, as I was too tired to actually go get her :P She had something in her mouth, no surprise. I thought it might be a bottle cap, as our dogs love anything plastic. She jumped on the bed with her special trash treat and dropped it right on the covers...

...It was an eggshell! Delightful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have a lot of work to do. It will soon be all done everything packed, cleaned and on you way home!! Really looking forward to seeing you! Have a safe trip!
    Love You! Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete