-------------------------------
That's not all...
I've been working on a sewing project and like most things I do, I have my own way of doing things. It may not be the right way and it may not be the fastest, but I have a different way of thinking and it works for me. So, for those of you who sew, don't judge me. :)
I got this pattern from the blog, "Today we made."
LOOK mom! I threaded the bobbin all by myself.
Pinning! Ugh...pinning. This is my least favorite part of sewing. Usually if I don't like doing something, I end up doing a pretty awful job of it. When my mom walks in the room ,while I'm working on a sewing project, she usually says, "Oh Hilary!" and then re-pins it for me. BUT, she wasn't here so I had to do it all on my own. Unfortunately I had a problem with my fabric bubbling up once I started sewing. This was possibly due to my poor pinning job.
I'm also not very good at sewing super straight if I don't have something to line my edge up with. I was top-stitching here and needed a way to keep my line straight. I taped a piece of paper onto the sewing machine to line my edge up with.
This is the almost finished project :) It's a crochet hook roll. I need to add some ribbons to the side so that I can roll it up and tie it. There are spots for crochet hooks, needles (the green pocket), and scissors! I haven't stitched up the "flip inside out hole," but my hand is covering it so you can't tell.
For all you sewers... In the next picture you'll notice that the stitches that divide each hook holder are coming unraveled. Looks like I should have backstitched. I was just very focused on getting the lines straight...guess I forgot to reinforce. So I've started to rip out the ones I've done and I'll have to start over with those.
Please feel free to admire my crooked pocket. As Clinton tells me, "It adds character"
Speaking of Crochet hooks and projects.... I made this baby blanket out of a really soft fluffy baby yarn. One night I was home alone as Clinton was working and I was crocheting away at this blanket when it dawned on me that I was sitting alone in a dimly lit room crocheting a baby blanket for no specific baby. Kinda weird. So if you know anyone that needs a super soft baby blanket, give me your address! :)
Oh, and if the bottom looks uneven...that's partly because it is and partly because it's stretchy and hanging weird.
fluffy, fluffy, fluffy...it makes my nose tickle.
My lovely baby blanket model...not wanting to be photographed. Come on Clinton, where's your inner Vanna?
Hilary







i can't help but think of when lucy tries to make her own dress and perm her hair to save money and it doesn't work out so well... but you're way ahead of her because your stuff looks great! :) keep up the crafting, buddy.
ReplyDeleteI like how Clinton hides his face so we won't know it was him. Hmmm lets see if Hil is taking the picture I wonder who that male baby blanket model is because it doesn't show his face? Clinton I have lived with these women their entire life. Trust me if you are trying to maintain your male dignity, well sorry if it isn't already gone it will be. Nice baby blanket by the way.
ReplyDelete