Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting a little loopy

I just wanted to jot a quick note today. First of all, I STILL have not made my homemade laundry soap...along with most of the other things on my "to-do" list. I actually do things around the house during the day, but by the time Clinton gets home from work I look around the house and wonder what I've gotten done. Usually, not much. But I am busy...doing something. Just can't remember what.


I know I've mentioned the "baby-brain" being pretty bad, but it's just getting worse. I set out to reorganize one of my cupboards to make room for something else. I had been thinking about it for a couple of weeks and finally had the motivation to tackle the project. So, I took everything out of the cupboard and put everything into a different cupboard to make room. Once that was all done I just stood in the middle of my kitchen trying to remember what items were supposed to now fill the empty cupboard. I had been thinking about this project for WEEKS! and I couldn't remember!


Just last night I was emailing some of my photography clients with a "refer-a-friend" special and I accidentally thanked all my clients for their maternity shoot. Ha! Only one of them is pregnant! So I had to e-mail again to say, "Ooops! My bad... what I meant to say was..." Oh brother.


I think it's a combination of baby brain and just too much to think about right now. Clinton's solution is, "Just don't think about it." But that doesn't work for women. Something I will probably never understand about men and visa-versa.


I get a lot of e-mails from different pregnancy websites I've subscribed to. They tell me how many weeks pregnant I am, which comes in handy because I keep forgetting. The hard part is that based on my due date, our new week begins on Wednesday...and some of the sites email me the Saturday before. So I get a little confused and one site is a week ahead and I can't seem to change it :) Thankfully my phone alerts me on Wednesday with the correct week so I know. This is our last week in the second trimester!


If this baby comes early, I think Clinton will be rushing to Target to buy everything. We have a crib and a..... crib! I'm not too worried. Since most first pregnancies go late, I'm assuming we will all be singing Christmas Carols on Christmas Eve and my water will break :) Wouldn't that be fun. But just in case the baby chooses to come early, we should probably be a little better prepared. (like have a car seat :)


This is where we are at, at 27 weeks....

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
www.babycenter.com


There are nine days left on the baby poll and it looks like "boy" is winning by three or so. We will see who's right in about 2 weeks :)

---------------------------

Clinton will be starting shift work again pretty soon (like he did in Korea.) So he will be on a 12 hour shift rotation. I was laying in bed the other night thinking, "Okay, there are 24 hours in the day. Clinton works 12 hours. Has about an hour commute (total). Sleeps 8. That leaves us about 3 hours on the average night." That's not terrible. Especially considering he could be completely out of the country for the next year. Praise the Lord I get to have him with me while our baby is little! No complaints there.

There are so many things to remember with the Army. I really have no idea how Clinton does it. I have hard time remembering what Company, Battalion, Section, and Unit he's in. So when Military people ask me what he does I usually have a hard time answering. 

A couple of weeks ago I was at a meeting for soldiers and their families, getting some information and Clinton wasn't able to make it. My friend and I had just finished talking about how we can never remember everything there is to remember about our husbands jobs. As we were talking, a group of soldiers stood up super fast in attention as another soldier entered the room.  It's a good thing I'm not in the military because, while Clinton says, "You get used to looking at soldiers rank" I just know that I would probably continue talking, totally oblivious to the world while everyone is standing. I couldn't see from where I was sitting, but I knew he had to be PRETTY high up. I get excited when stuff like this happens. I'm always intrigued by the Military and rank and rules and things. We soon found out it was, in fact, the General :)

The meeting was pretty casual and families were able to ask questions and things like that. Of course when a soldier asked a question he or she would stand in attention..."Sir... yes sir....just wondering Sir...." Meanwhile I just kept thinking, I would be a terrible soldier...

We were in a large stadium-seating style classroom for this meeting and my friend and 
I were sitting up a ways, fairly close to the top. I was just minding my own business, probably a little side-tracked thinking about how uncomfortable the chair was, when the General said, "Ma'am, when are you due?" Whoa, back to reality... Me? He was looking in my direction, but I knew there was a lady looking VERY pregnant directly behind me (since I now scout out all the pregnant women in the room everywhere I go) so I wasn't sure who exactly he was talking to. I didn't want to be like, " I am 25 weeks :D.....oh, her? (awkward.)" Come to find out he was talking to me... and I told him December. That was easy, no more questions please I'm sweating now. But, he had one more question. Of course he had to ask.....

"What does your husband do?"

Really

Honestly, I knew the answer I just didn't know which answer was the correct one for this question. Did he mean literally? Because I know what Clinton does....well, I know what it's called anyways :P I know the section, the unit (I think), the Company and Battalion....so which one is the right answer? How specific should I be? And what does everyone else in this room do? If I say Military Intelligence are they all going to be like, "Well duh! That's what we all do!" I didn't know.

I just smiled and turned a little red... thankfully one of Clinton's commanding officers spoke up for me ( I won't try to write her rank or title, because chances are it'll be wrong.) But she was nice enough to help me out on that one :) I also found out that Clinton's boss was sitting right in front of us. Good to know!

So, when Clinton came home that night I told Clinton I had made him proud at the meeting (with a big smile on my face.) He could sense the sarcasm and asked what happened. I started off by saying, "Well, the General was there.... :D" haha. 

Oh Brother!

Life is fun.

My poor husband....
He just can't get a break with me lately. The other morning he was rushing around getting ready (he must've been running late, who knows...I was half asleep.) He came out of the bathroom and asked if I would clean up his neck with his hair trimmers. Okay, sure.

(Clinton has been cutting his own hair lately but he has me buzz the back for him)

Well, I thought he just wanted me to cut it like normal :) so I just buzzed away at the back... haha (I'm laughing while I type this)

Welp, there you go, Clinton. I headed back to bed. A couple seconds later he came out of the bathroom and starting putting his uniform on, with his hair still intact. "What are you doing? Aren't you going to finish cutting your hair?!"

Needless to say, when he asked me to trim up his neck...that's literally what he meant. So he had to run back into the bathroom to give himself the quickest haircut ever before work. Ooops.
Poor Clinton.
I'm just glad I didn't fall back asleep before noticing!

These are just the little fun moments we've been having lately!



No comments:

Post a Comment